Estate Agents Co-operative Ltd (ABN 52 079 055 637) (Estate Agents Co-operative or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
- our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
- personal information provided to us by our clients and customers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to Estate Agents Co-operative and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to Estate Agents Co-operative
- Estate Agents Co-operative is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Estate Agents Co-operative will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Kinds of Personal Information that Estate Agents Co-operative Collects and Holds
- Personal information that may be requested or collected by us includes:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- information regarding your family/next of kin;
- your driver’s licence, motor vehicle registration information and other vehicle information;
- your tax file number, superannuation membership details, bank details and other financial information;
- your passport details;
- information regarding your personal and professional interests and your networks;
- information about your employment history and future plans, and documents relating to your current employment and position;
- information about your education and qualifications;
- complaint details;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- your credit card details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to Estate Agents Co-operative and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- We will only collect sensitive information with your consent, including where information is voluntarily provided by you. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your medical history) we will only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel.
How Estate Agents Co-operative Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel, or provide your details to us or our clients via any Collection Channel;
- purchase a product or make a booking via a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms or surveys to us or our clients, either physically or electronically;
- conspicuously publish or provide on request your personal information to Estate Agents Co-operative or our clients;
- contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any competitions, offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other Estate Agents Co-operative or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Estate Agents Co-operative or its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services (including payment of wages, invoicing, debt recovery and purchase transactions), products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including list brokers, referral agents, our clients and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
- Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Estate Agents Co-operative to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial websites, Estate Agents Co-operative and its clients may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 15, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which Estate Agents Co-operative collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites and services generally.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to Estate Agents Co-operative (including after sales services and enquiries).
- To undertake recruitment for Estate Agents Co-operative.
- To manage your employment with Estate Agents Co-operative (if applicable).
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to customer enquiries.
- To improve Website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with Estate Agents Co-operative group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Estate Agents Co-operative group companies, Estate Agents Co-operative promotional partners, Estate Agents Co-operative clients and customers and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) in Australia. Failure to provide personal information may result in Estate Agents Co-operative or its clients being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including, for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with Estate Agents Co-operative group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties in Australia. Estate Agents Co-operative group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by Estate Agents Co-operative to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders, payroll management, conducting market research, assisting with promotions and surveys, and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your booking and/or purchase. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party.
Contact by Estate Agents Co-operative
- Estate Agents Co-operative group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), Estate Agents Co-operative promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Estate Agents Co-operative companies or professionals) in Australia, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Estate Agents Co-operative may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a Estate Agents Co-operative user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Estate Agents Co-operative user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Estate Agents Co-operative, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on a Estate Agents Co-operative database. Information may be reviewed by contacting Estate Agents Co-operative’s privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 1300 137 161. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting Estate Agents Co-operative’s privacy officer via email: email@example.com or telephone: 1300 137 161. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Estate Agents Co-operative or its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, product information or services, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services (including payment of wages, invoicing and debt recovery).
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- Estate Agents Co-operative will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. Websites are PCI-DSS approved (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
- Estate Agents Co-operative employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Estate Agents Co-operative. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Estate Agents Co-operative will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Estate Agents Co-operative and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Estate Agents Co-operative is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
- We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Estate Agents Co-operative or any of its affiliates. Estate Agents Co-operative is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Related Estate Agents Co-operative Websites
Sale of the Company
Problems or queries
Address: 2A, 175 James Ruse Drive
Rosehill NSW 2142
Telephone: 1300 137 161
Fax: 1300 789 675
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Estate Agents Co-operative to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.