It is not just a Membership, it's a community.
When you become a Member of EAC you are joining a community of Real Estate professionals who share your goals and passions. Every EAC Member has the opportunity to guide what we do and how we get the job done for our members. Membership also gives you the ability to build your bottom line rather than that of third parties, through the savings that can be obtained by working together with our members.
EAC is owned by the Members for the Members.
Co-operatives are mutual organisations which are operated for the benefit of their members. Co-operatives are distinguished from other forms of organisations by their democratic structure and the fact that capital is used to service the common needs of the members, rather than to provide individual benefit.
So what is a Co-operative?
"A co-operative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise."
EAC is a Co-operative model that brings together Real Estate organisations for their mutual benefit. These mutual benefits are guided by our core values:
- Self-help – we help our members to help themselves
- Self-responsibility – we take responsibility and are accountable for our actions
- Democracy – all members have a say in the way we run our businesses
- Equality – everyone is equal and all members get one vote
- Equity – we carry out business in a way that is fair and unbiased
- Solidarity – we share interests and common purposes with our members and other co-operatives